Our Forest School
Our Forest School
Forest School is an innovative educational approach to learning in a woodland environment.
The philosophy of Forest Schools is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences over an extended period of time.
Here at Peel Park we have been working hard to prepare our Forest School and get it up and running. This has included:
- Employing a fully trained (Level 3) member of staff to lead the Forest School.
- Completing all the necessary risk assessments for the new Forest School.
- Sourcing and buying all the necessary equipment to run the Forest School.
- Excavating and landscaping part of the Peel Park Woods so that our Forest School has a base and different areas of provision for our children.
- Working closely with BCEP (Bradford Community Environmental Project) to strategically plan our Forest School.
- Planning LEARNING in the Forest School with all our teachers and teaching staff.
We want our Forest School to have a positive impact on our pupils and their learning experience, by:
1. Promoting positive relationships between children and groups of children.
2. Encouraging children to take more responsibility for their learning and actions.
3. Letting the children take part in adventurous activities that are experienced in a controlled and safe environment.
4. Improving levels of, and achievement in reading, writing and maths by using the Forest School as a vehicle and stimulus for these life long skills.
5. Letting our children have fun and succeed in a hands-on way!
If you would like any more information on Forest Schools at Peel Park then please do not hesitate to contact Miss Loker/Mr Longmire on:
You can also have a look at the national Forest School website:
Forest Schools Service Level Agreements
Bookings are now being taken for schools to use our Forest School. Please click on and download the relevant Service Level Agreement document below.